Me and Angel of Death


Usually, Drunkenness is a very bad addiction. However sometimes, Life puts us in such ordeals that escaping feels like the best option.

So, one day, while I was sitting in a bar, thinking about the person I Love and while I was trying to find the reason I have to deal with her ignorance. What is that I have not done, or I should have done to make her realize how much I need her and how much I longed for her. How my heart beats skip when I think of getting away from her of she being with someone else!

While the fight between her memories and absence continued, I ended up meeting the angel of death. By the way the angel of death doesn’t look like as scary as people make him sound.
He is an old man, with a bright face, eyes full of tears and wrinkles on his cheeks caused by sadness. But he still is the Angel of death.

So initially, I was scared to sit beside him, fearing that my time to go had come. I wasn’t scared that I am going to die. I was scared that there are few things which I wanted to do before I close my eyes forever. I wanted to thank few people and meet my parents for the last time.

As I am in Bangalore, I never wanted to close my eyes without seeing my family and didn’t want to take my last breath before I could say how much happiness they gave to me and how thankful I was for whatever they have done for me. I also wanted to say thank you to my friends in Mumbai who always stood beside me no matter what time or situation I was in.
Finally I wanted to meet the love of my life see her beautiful face for some time and then tell her that how much I have missed her every day from the time I have fallen in love with her, I wanted to say sorry if I have ever hurt her or if because of me she has faced any issues or gone through any sadness. 

I wanted to see her for the last time so that while I would take my last breath and close my eyes I wanted to Imagine her beautiful eyes and smiling face which will leave a smile on my face when I say my final goodbye to this world.

Then hesitantly I asked, “Whose time has ended that you have come here?” While he was listening to me carefully and he was about to answer me I was able to see his bright face and the wrinkles of sadness rising towards his eyebrows. As he smiles and answered, “For some time nobody’s time has ended, that’s why I am here.”

Then what! All my fear was now gone, so I directly asked him that: “You are the angel of death, that everyone fears. When you come a bit close, everyone remembers god.. but how do you feel?”

I was able to sense the sadness in his silence, he kept quiet for a moment and then said, “Why is everyone grateful for the gift of life which is temporary and when it comes to me, when I free a soul from this world and take them on my shoulders, but I never receive any love?”
My backbone breaks every time I lift a body, god comes to me, cures me and my backbone.. “I keep telling God that I could live with a broken back, but please – please give this job to someone else”
“but what can God do, when nobody else is ready to do this job?”

I am unable to sleep, I get nightmares of all those families whose loved ones I took from them.. They abuse me and curse me and even while mourning they are angry at me.. “I wish I could show all those families that their loved ones are happy here.”

But, God doesn’t give me permission to do that either. “Sometimes I wish, that death comes to me as well, but then, who will free my Soul?” I felt really bad for him!!!

May be someone might have done this for the first time, I invited the angel of death to my house.  Come with me and take rest at my place and I can come alone with you to accompany you as you might have to visit many funerals tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I want to write about you !!!!!!!

Time to Say Goodbye - As I deserve the WORST :)